On August 19th, Common Law joined over 200 people in an eviction blockade to successfully fight off the marshal! The eviction blockade by Organizing for Occupation (O4O) helped Ms. Mary Lee Ward, an 82 year-old great-grandmother in Bed-Stuy, remain in her home. Common Law is currently in settlement negotiations with the landlord to fight for Ms. Ward’s right to her home!
- Members of Foreclosure Resisters Featured on “Speaking in Tongues”
- Essay by Common Law Featured in Mobilizing Ideas
- Second issue of Foreclosure Resisters is now available!
- First issue of Foreclosure Resisters now available!
- Common Law’s Foreclosure Defense Legal Clinic – New Location!
- Join us for Common Law’s 4th Annual Benefit!
- Bronx Foreclosure Auction Blockade – Monday March 26th
- Common Law Marches in St. Pat’s for All Parade!
- Common Law Participates in Successful Auction Blockades!
- Weekly Legal Clinics Help Homeowners Fight Back